Friday, April 22, 2011

Found Photos ...


Some years ago I found a package of photos in a box near the trash can at my storage unit.
They had been left in the rain ...
I couldn't resist looking through what was left of the pictures, and realized this was someone's European vacation!
So I salvaged what I could of the group ...


Some of the photos were completely destroyed.
In this one, though, a tiny piece of the picture was left untouched ...
In the shape of a heart!

To see hearts from around the world, visit "Random Hearts" - and share YOUR heart on Guest Heart Thursday!

Oooh, I just realized this is a perfect post for Al's "Sunday Scans"!
Where we link up our posts of anything scanned.
In other words ... "Show us YOUR Old Stuff!"


9 comments:

LBB said...

What a perfect little heart! Even though the photos are ruined , I think they actually look pretty cool :)

Scrappy Grams said...

Still beauty there! So sad to think that they were left to the elements, IN TRASH!

Kim, USA said...

Wow this is what we call natural texture, right? Came out pretty nice!

Sunday Scans

Leovi said...

Weather hahecho of them a beautiful and interesting photos.

This is the poem that is dedicated to my photo


Ship that furrows the seas...

Ship that furrows the seas,
and is pushed by the wind,
and caressed by the foam,
this is the life of men;
the port, eternity.

Translated by H. Landman


Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer

Al said...

What a strange thought that somebody would throw away a bunch of photos like this. The destruction gives the images a strange quality. Nice post!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

my 22 yr old daughter made a confession , whilst collecting my photos, she spilled some coke, the photos had a patch, and she told me the photos came out like that.

The funny thing was I believed her. I must post that photo.

Dani said...

oh, Clytie, these are amazing.

EG CameraGirl said...

I wonder why someone would toss out photos of their vacation. I think there's a story there!

Beth Niquette said...

That is odd--tossing out one's pictures of a once in a life-time trip seems a tad odd. And that heart is amazing Sissy! EG's right--there's a story there somewhere.