Sunday, July 24, 2011

Found at Goodwill - Old Photo


I was browsing through the books at the Goodwill Outlet store on Friday (the next stop for this stuff is the shredder and/or shipment overseas).

I found a series of books of "classics" (maybe 15 of them) published in 1910. I wanted so badly to buy them, but even at $2 each, it was beyond my limited budget. Sigh.

As I flipped through one of them, this photo fell out, and I was entranced.
So many unanswered questions ... who took it? Where was it taken? When was it taken? How did it end up as a bookmark?

I will never know the answers to those questions. But I know that from now on, this beautiful old snapshot has a history - with me!

Join us over at Al's "Sunday Scans" - and show us what YOU'VE scanned recently!


2 comments:

Al said...

I sometimes wonder the same thing about old photos like this. It must have meant something to someone - maybe a summer vacation on a mountain lake?

Beth Niquette said...

I had the same thing happen to me the other day at the little Robin's Roost. This is a cool photo!