Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ahhh the memories ...


Who could this cute little kid be?
Yep, it's me!!!
1964 ... I would have been 3 years old.
I don't think I was reading that book, I must have been looking at the pictures.


I treasure this picture.
What joy on my face!
That cute little boy is my brother Dow.
He would have been about 5.
He is wrapped up in so many of my childhood memories ... we were best friends.
He died when I was 40.
I still miss him -- every day.


Ooh, I was such a ham!


Flash forward to me at age 11.
That's when my wonderful little sister Leola was born.
I call her "honey". She calls me "honey". Her daughter calls me "Auntie Honey".
I love her so much!

I have to stop here, I can't see the monitor anymore through my tears.
And I have to say "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU"
to Al over at "Sunday Scans".
He's the reason I dug out my old photo albums ...
My wonderful old memories ...
Of times and people long gone.
Please join us at "Sunday Scans" - and show us YOUR old stuff!

And Tina over at "Goodies For a Pleasant Life" is hosting a month-long meme called "Memories". So post a memory, and join us as we share what has made us who we are today.

7 comments:

Al said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother dying too young, but hopefully these photos put a smile on your face. I wish there were more photos of my family from when I was growing up, but there are only a handful. I've made sure I've got lots of photos of my kids and grandkids!

Kavita Saharia said...

Sorry about your brother.
The smile on your most favorite picture is priceless .Honey goes very well as your name ,sweet and likable:)

Leckeres für Mensch und Katze - Goodies for a pleasant life said...

Yours are so nice memories! My eyes where getting wet. I´m glad you found us and shared your story on *Memories*. xo Tina

Dani said...

Oh, Clytie. You're so adorable on these photos. Sorry to hear about your brother.
Lovely memories.

Hugs,
Dani

Joy said...

Sadness and happiness wrapped together with memories. You were a cute kid.

Scrappy Grams said...

It is so sad when the one person who shares your family memories dies so young. I know of this too. You were both so adorable!

Beth Niquette said...

These wonderful photos made me smile. And a tear or two...I love the look on your face as you hold our little Sister. What a beautiful beautiful photo.

Made me miss Dow, too--my childhood is also wrapped up with memories of our brother. There are so many times I've wanted to speak with him over the years.

I will get that chance one day in heaven.